How do you link competence development of employees and management with the targets, mission and strategy of an organisation?
That is the question New Insight has attempted to answer in a strategic competence development project for the Centre for Clarification and Employment (CAB), Municipality of Copenhagen.
The results of the project show CAB the challenges they face and what direction they may take to develop and how their employees and managers are prepared to match these challenges. A detailed basis for decision making has been prepared to ensure that qualified choices may be made in the organisation and competence development work in CAB.
An important side effect of the project is that focus on strategic competence development has initiated important learning processes in CAB - both in relation to quality in the work and a common awareness of the aims and strategy of the organisation.
New Insight carried out seminars, used SWOT analyses and the scenario process to uncover CAB's strong and weak points. The methods applied have clarified the future challenges and created a basis for decisions concerning the direction that CAB will take in the future.
Every employee and manager in CAB (120 persons) has participated in an individual competence identification and clarification process to identify possible competence gaps and to counter targets and challenges. The identification and clarification has provided the basis for an action plan for the future work on the organisation and competence development process.
- A Citizen in 2030
- Marginalised Unemployed in Copenhagen
- New Tool to Measure Quality in the Employment Efforts
- Identification of Competences
- My Career Path - a competence development tool
- Unge med problemer på arbejdsmarkedet
- More and better ethnic minority businesses in Aarhus, Odense and Copenhagen
- The Building Sector in 2016
- What will strategic research deal with in the future?
- Limited Use of Adult Vocational Training in the Laundry Trade
- Fact Sheets on the Labour Market Connections of New Danes
- Regional development policy
- Strategic Competence Development
- New Ways of Identifying Enterprises' Demand for Qualfications
- Competence Profiles in the Job Centres
- Search project database
- By knowledge area